One of the best things about summer is hanging out by the water! I recommend keeping a beach bag packed at all times for those last minute, spontaneous trips to the water. I always keep ours in the mudroom closet. This is one little thing I can do to make my summer more organized. Make sure your bag is big enough for what you need, light weight, and fun.
Here is a checklist you can use next time you are heading out for some fun in the sun:
- Sunblock: the most important thing to remember!
- Insulated Containers: to keep your drinks and snacks cool in the heat. If you don’t need a full cooler, fill up a few insulated water bottles. You can even just bring an insulated bag depending on how long you will be there.
- Water Toys: Goggles/Flippers/ Rafts
- Safety Items: Arm Bands/ Life Jacket/ Tubes. You may also want to pack some water shoes in case there are stones or shells where you are swimming.
- Hats: for when you’ve had enough of the sun, don’t forget some for the kids.
- Reading Material: a good book, your favorite magazines, your Kindle or your Nook
- Music: Ipod, Headphones etc.
- Beach toys: Shovels, Buckets, Sand Molds, Rakes…whatever you can dig and build with, Paddle Ball, Frisbee, Boogie Board
- Beach Umbrella: if you are heading the beach.
- Coins: if you are heading to a public beach that has parking meters.
- Pet Supplies: if you are bringing a pet be sure to pack a water bowl and a leash.
Group all of your like items together so you can find what you need in your beach bag. I recommend putting your electronics, books and anything else you want to keep sand free in a zip lock bag. Don’t forget to put your car keys in a safe pocket or compartment so you can find them easily and not allow them to fall out. Finally, have fun! This season is short, so sit back, relax, and enjoy the day with the people you love.