I’m always looking for quick recipes for those nights when I don’t have a lot of time to cook.
This Black Bean, Corn, and Pepper Salad fits the bill. It takes only 10 minutes, contains ingredients we all usually have on hand, and is great served with quesadillas or grilled meats. There’s also a little kick from hot sauce and lime juice that makes it one of my family’s favorites.
Black Bean, Corn, And Pepper Salad
- 2 c. black beans (use cooked and frozen beans or equivalent canned)
- 1-1/2 c. frozen corn, thawed
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 Tb. cider vinegar
- dash of hot sauce (or to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley for serving (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the beans, corn, peppers, onions, and garlic.
- In a small bowl or 1-cup glass measure, combine the olive oil, lime juice, zest and vinegar. Whisk well.
- Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and stir well, adding hot sauce, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving, if desired.
Makes 4-6 servings