Warmer air and longer days…it must be spring! Taking a walk with your family is a wonderful alternative to the usual after dinner activities. A family stroll in the evening is a great way to connect after a long day at work or school. Whether you take a short trip around the block or a longer walk at a near-by park or trail, the benefits will be felt immediately. Low tech and old school, taking a spring nature walk can be just the right thing to do this season.
- Frugal family fun – You don’t need any special equipment or memberships to get outside and take a walk. You can stick close to home and not worry about filling the gas tank or paying any parking fees.
- Build family relationships – Talking in the relaxed atmosphere of a family walk about the beautiful spring world will build positive connections between you and your children (and spouse too). It doesn’t have to be a long walk in order for your family to enjoy friendly conversation. Hearts have been known to open up on a simple spin around the block.
- Better health – Walking for twenty minutes a few times each week will increase your family’s fitness and can actually lower weight and blood pressure. You can even walk to your local Farmer’s Market this spring and find some delicious local fruits and vegetables to bring home and enjoy together. Yum!
- Share nature with children – Springtime is the perfect antidote to the winter blahs. The world is coming alive with so many vibrant colors and delightful fragrances. Researchers are finding that building up your family’s Vitamin N is a lifelong investment in your child’s mental health. Find lots of idea for spring nature study online.
- Multi-generational activity – Taking a family nature walk is something all ages can enjoy together. It is an activity that evens the playing field since it is not competitive. Little ones can be pushed in a stroller or pulled along in a wagon. Invite the grandparents to join you if they live near-by. If you would like to try a family Signs of Spring nature walk, you can visit and print out a scavenger hunt page or a notebook page for your family to use.
Spring time nature walks help bring so many wonderful benefits to your family.
Have you taken a family walk lately?